Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My name






Source: http://listentoleon.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/winnie-the-pooh-evil.jpg
My name


I never complained about my name in my life, I never liked my name either. When I was young, in Korea there were many teachers asking me about my name. Maybe I was born to be negative. Well that's just who I am. I thought it was just wasting my time discussing about them. But I was totally wrong. I think names really do relate to you and your life like destiny!


One of person I knew in Korea had the worst name in the world. It was so bad I can still remember. It was "Akma " which means devil. I mean who in the world name their children a devil? though I don't know the another story of theirs, but really... Surprisingly he really was a person who has a soul of a devil. I can't blame him though, it's all his parent's fault of giving such bad name. So, to sum up, name is really important. It's also important to know what it means too, so I can at least know if my parents cared about my future.


My name is Se Jin Lee, a very easy name to memorize, though it’s hard to pronounce perfectly for people who aren’t Korean. They often mispronounce Si- instead of Se- and when I tell them the right pronunciation. They always ask me “What’s the difference?” I can’t understand why they can’t compare Se- and Si-, or is it just me who's so sensitive?


My best friend describes me as Winnie the Pooh. She say I'm a dull, warm and friendly person who's so comfortable to hug. I'm not sure why she thinks Pooh is dull,warm and friendly though. When my mom had her beautiful 3rd baby, she had a hard time giving her a name, because she had already used the best ones for the 1st and the 2nd daughters. First time she thought about giving me "Yeo Jin" which mean girl treasure(?). haha, I think I would have been a really beautiful girlish girl if my dad agreed with that name.


My grandfather wanted to help her, so he thought about a good name for a few weeks. Ignoring all the beautiful names, like Yu Na, Hyo Won and You Jin, he finally chose ‘Se Jin’ which sounds quite boyish. Though the reason why he chose that name was that he wanted me to become a respectable woman. Se Jin means the world treasure. What a lovely name! That’s why I get so mad when people call me Si Jin, because I love my name and Si Jin means marry-treasure or poo-treasure, which are funny but don’t even make sense.

My last name, Lee means a peach tree, which is probably a very fresh big tree with golden peaches. I wonder if that’s why I’m so sweet-hearted. I love my last name, because it’s very simple for anyone to read and remember. It would be so great if I become a music teacher, and my students call me “Ms. Lee”









261 words

No comments:

Post a Comment