Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Assignment band blog posting VOID

Part1.

ISKL's mission statement:
"The International School of Kuala Lumpur provides an exceptional education that (silence) challenges each student to develop the attitudes, skills, knowledge and understanding to become a highly successful, spirited, socially responsible global citizen."


I think adding a silence after the word, 'that' creates the best tension. When you add a void after the word, 'that' audience will get curious and question about what's going to be said. Because when you only say that and doesn't really say what 'that' is, it really makes people want to know what that actually is. Also, audience will wait for the speaker to complete the sentence which will also create interesting feelings.


Part 2

Composers can create tension by suddenly changing the mood of music, using different instruments for melody and using minor scales. Composers can release by going back to the same mood,instruments before he created the tension.



Part 3
Answers of the Story
1) I would call this story 'The Black Box', because the black box is very important in this story. And I'm not sure why but i feel that the black box is making a void, making me wonder who's going to get the lottery.

2) I thought lottery was always good thing. I thought they would have a really big celebration for the person who won the lottery. but i was wrong, the lottery wasn't a good thing at all. They stoned Tessie(who won the lottery) It was really surprising.

3) I really wanted to open it, I was curious about the ending of the story. Then I started to wonder why teachers are doing this to us. This whole thing was about the void. Not letting us open this paper until 5 pm didn't made any changes, nothing would have gone wrong if somebody opened it earlier, but I knew that teachers wanted to make us question and wonder. I think this part was another void in this assignment.

4) I felt really nervous, and wanted to get a paper with a black dot, because way back then, I thought a paper with a black dot was a good thing. Unfortunately I got a paper without a dot. To be honest, I opened it on bus, since nobody was looking.(sorry) because I was full of curiosity and couldn't handle it anymore.

5) It was interesting, how the author keep saying black, black and black. Cause usually black represents bad things. I think they're voids, really make me curious. like for black paper, I get curious who's going to get it.

6) The end of story was really shocking, gave me all the answers. I was really confused why Mrs.Hutchinson keep saying 'this isn't fair'. but then I realized why.

7) No, my prediction wasn't correct at all. But I think the author wants my prediction to be wrong, because that's how he created this so interesting, by building all the elements and then at the end he had changed it upside down.

8) If there were titles, and less of void it would have been easy for me to predict the ending. but if it was easy to predict the ending, I wouldn't have died to read the story.

9) Because voids always make people question. If people start to question they will think more deeply, maybe the story might get popular then.

10) a) No titles makes me wonder what this story is basically about.
b) No ending makes me wonder what the ending is, even make me guess the ending.
c) I don't get this one.
d)Mystery paper makes me wonder what is the lottery, who's going to get it
They all made me question and wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment